Ok, so you may be thinking, “I’ve heard of Acupuncture. I really don’t want any needles sticking in my body while I lay on a cold table”. We get it. A person who has not had Acupuncture, like most things, is likely to make assumptions about the experience. Well, we here at Dedham Health are advocates for non-prescription solutions to medical issues ranging from headaches to sore knees to obesity. This means we seek wellness through diet, exercise, massage therapy, Acupuncture and more. We believe the benefits of treatments such as Acupuncture certainly outweigh that “fear” of needles one may have.
Before we get to the benefits, knowing what Acupuncture truly is should be determined. It is not just poking needles into the body, it is the detection and correction of imbalances of energy in the body that may be causing stiffness or pain, as well as mental health complications (source).
Now, Acupuncture can help YOU by:
1. Balancing Your Immune System – Needles can boost the activity of immune cells that seek out and destroy infections, building and correcting your system for the better (source).
2. Improving Your Mood – Strategically placed needles can help with depression, anxiety, and general moodiness by regulating neurotransmitters in your brain.
3. Reducing Migraines – Researchers from the Center of Complimentary Medicine at the University of Munich concluded that Acupuncture “could be a valuable non-pharmacological tool in patients with frequent chronic tension-type headaches.” (source)
4. Improving Chronic Pain – If you’re experiencing knee, back, neck, or Arthritis pain, needles are placed in particular areas to draw energy and overtime reduce pain.
5. Regulating Your Digestive System – Stimulating the digestive system in particular can soothe your digestive track and help with any discomfort you may be experiencing by drawing energy and correcting it’s flow.
Now, if you are experiencing any of the problems above, what’s holding you back from treatment? Without putting chemicals into your body, Acupuncture can settle a variety of issues, putting you at ease and ready to take on the tasks of every day life.
For more information, contact our Licensed Acupuncturist and Diplomate in Acupuncture, Carol Green at 781-467-1245 ext. 12.