We are officially a week into the new year and what better time than now to shift into a fresh start and to create new healthy habits. Resolve to be part of the 8% and leave the 92% in the dust!
- Write it down! Be honest, how often does February roll around and you’ve forgotten what your resolution even was?! Put it on your mirror, your refrigerator, set a weekly automated reminder in your phone and put it on your desk. Out of sight out of mind right? Not this time!
- Start small! If you are trying to save money, aim for $20 a week, not $100. If you have a little extra to put away, great but do what you can! If you want to lose 15lbs….focus on the first 5. Don’t set yourself up for failure before you have a chance to start
- Find friends! If you make a commitment group, you are more apt to communicate with each other and report progress. This may inspire you to make a resolution you may not have thought of too!
- Stay positive! Often what we are resolving to do (or NOT to do) is a bad habit or behavior. Negativity in your life can trigger you to revert to your old ways so try and find a daily positive vibe that will keep you happy and motivated!
- In the famous words of Nike…..JUST DO IT!
Happy New Year from your friends at Dedham Health & Athletic Complex!