The days are shorter, the leaves are red and gold, the air is crisp and … Pumpkin spice… It’s everywhere! So tempting to “cheat” on our healthy eating goals and indulge. After all, it’s only for a short time each year, right?
What if we told you you could both enjoy your seasonal treat and stay on track? Check out this amazing – and quick – low carb and gluten free recipe for healthy pumpkin pie custard. It takes only 5 minute of prep time and 45 minutes in the oven.
- 1 can (15 ounce) pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 beaten eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice liquid stevia or vanilla liquid stevia or even cinnamon stevia
- Optional toppings: Dairy Free Whipped Cream, Sprinkle of nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 6 ramekins or custard cups with olive oil cooking spray.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer mix together pumpkin, cream eggs, spices and stevia.
- Pour evenly into ramekins.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a knife in center comes out clean.
- Let cool.
- Invert onto a plate or serve from dish.
- Top with whipped cream! Sprinkle with more nutmeg!
- Serves: 6
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 108
- Fat: 6.7g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 6.3g
- Sugar: 2.7g
- Sodium: 47mg
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Protein: 5.7g
- Cholesterol: 134mg
Adapted from a recipe by Brenda Bennett | Sugar-Free Mom, by Simple Steps holistic health coaches Christine Emmi and Rosanne Ryder.