This recipe makes about 12 muffins.
- 12 eggs (organic, free range)
- A little coconut oil, olive oil or butter to line the muffin tins with
- Sea salt + pepper to taste
- Vegetables — I made the following 3 kinds:
- Tomato + basil (1/4 cup chopped tomatoes, 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil)
- Kale + garlic (1/2 cup chopped kale, 3 cloves chopped garlic)
- Cilantro + green onion (1/4 cup chopped cilantro, 1/4 cup green onion)
Pre-heat oven to 350. Lightly grease muffin tins with coconut oil, olive oil or butter. Chop veggies. Whisk eggs well in a large bowl, add sea salt + pepper. Stir in veggies. (If you’re making different flavors, you’ll need to ration the eggs into different bowls for each flavor). Pour into muffin tins.
Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until eggs are fully cooked through.
That’s it! Awesome, yes? I know. And you can add whatever else you want to these.
Our recommendation: Since these are just eggs and veggies, I personally like to add a little something else on top after they’re cooked – like sliced avocado, hot sauce, maybe a little goat cheese. So try out different variations and see what you like.
Brought to you by ‘Simple Steps to Weight Loss’ health coaches, Christine & Roseanne!