Cooking/Preparation: 30 minutes
- 1 cup chopped avocado
- 1/4 cup diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup diced mango
- 2 tbsp diced red onion
- 3 tbsp orange juice (OR juice of 1/2 an orange)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 8 large romaine leaves, rinsed
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- Preheat grill or broiler to medium heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine avocado, tomatoes, mango, red onion, orange juice, salt and pepper.
- Let sit to allow flavors to combine.
- Wrap chicken breasts in plastic wrap and pound to even thickness.
- Lightly season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place on grill or broiler for 5 to 6 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Remove from heat and briefly cool.
- Once cooled, thinly slice chicken breasts lengthwise.
- Place lettuce leaves on a plate and fill each leaf with 2-3 chicken strips.
- Place 1/4 cup salsa on top if the chicken.
- Top with 1 tablespoon of sour cream.
Brought to you by ‘Simple Steps to Weight Loss’ health coaches, Christine & Rosanne!