By Chris Klinko
DHAC Aquatics Director and Hydras Coach
Looking to take swimming to the next level? Efficiency is the word.
How do you get there? Here are a few techniques to get the most exercise out of your lap swimming.
- Your body should lay low and flat in the water.
- Don’t let those legs drag…Kick!
- Keep your face in water while you are swimming Try staring at that black line at the bottom of the pool!
- Ever wonder what that cross at the end of the black line is?……It means your at the end of the line….so touch the wall or start your flip turn keeping your head down…you don’s have to look up!
- Develop a rhythm. Create a harmonious balance or rhythm with your stroke through things like breathing.
- Try not to breathe every stroke, keep your head low (breath under your arm).
These insights are simple to explain, but not always so physically easy to attain. Practice, practice, practice……then practice some more. You’ll get it!
Stay tuned for more tips! For those of you who need more than just tips don’t be shy. Look into DHAC’s adult aquatic programing. This Summer we introduced our Masters Training class! Check it out on the site for more details!