By Diana Breault
DHAC Weight Loss Motivator
The Summer Time Stir-Fry
Thinking of a quick, healthy, and seasonal recipe for this summer? Try this stir-fry recipe, adapted by Eat Smart, Move More North Carolina! It is packed with nutrients and a variety of colorful vegetables. Enjoy it with your family or at a friendly get-together. Get the great taste without all the calories.
This recipe makes 4 servings, and there are only 220 calories per serving. Bon Appétit!
- 1 lb lean flank steak, thinly sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium yellow squash, sliced
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomato, diced 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 T olive oil ¼ tsp salt ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 whole-wheat pita loaves cut in half
Sauce for dipping:
- ½ T olive oil
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ¼ tsp salt
- Heat ½ T olive oil in pan over high heat.Add beef to pan and cook until well-done. Remove from pan.
- Mix together ½ T olive oil with zucchini, squash, eggplant, tomato, and onion into the pan.
- Sautee for 5-7min.
- Season with cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Toss beef into vegetable mix.
- Evenly distribute the mix into 4 pita pockets.
- Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, cumin, salt, and garlic in a small bowl.
- Separate and pour sauce into four small dipping cups.
- Serve pitas with side of dipping sauce and enjoy.
Nutrition Info (per serving) Calories: 220 Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 210mg Sodium: 400mg Carbohydrate: 21g Fiber: 7g Protein: 16g