By Michelle Sayers
The Ultimate Day Camp Director
Guess what! Today is the first day of The Ultimate Day Camp! (Yes, we offer a full 12 weeks.)
We know the kids are excited for camp and don’t really know what to expect…or what they need.
Packing a backpack for day camp is very important, but thankfully it is much easier than packing for overnight camp. Follow this simple Ultimate Day Camp Checklist for a complete list of “must haves” and, “you might wants”.
- Bathing Suit (2 suits if there may be difficulty putting on a wet suit for a second swim time).
- Sun Screen
- Water bottle – there is always water available to campers but a water bottle is much more convenient.
“You Might Want”
- Hat – to shade the sun
- Sandals – for by the pool
- Snacks – if your camper is staying extended hours at the camp it is a good idea to pack a couple of extra snacks. The Ultimate Day Camp provides campers with lunch and one snack daily. If you are sending your camper with extra snacks, please remember that we are a “Peanut Free” camp.
- Campers will not be allowed to use cell phones at camp. If a camper would like to call home they may do so at any time using a camp telephone.
- Label your child’s items with their name whenever possible.
Remember, the more that is in the backpack, the more the camper is responsible for keeping track of!
Can’t wait to see you at camp!